Monday, July 8, 2013
I spent a lot of time agonizing over the border. I tried a variety of different pieced blocks but none of them framed the center well. Finally I made some scrappy pieced flying geese units that pleased me. Once I got the top together with the border, I began thinking about the quilting. I decided to outline all the light areas to help emphasize the star that is formed with the light fabrics. That worked very well. I added some feathered stitching in the flying geese border which also looked good.
My final step was to make a hanging sleeve on the back of the quilt, and then I put on the binding.
Here is the final result hanging from my quilt display shelf in the upstairs hallway of our home.