Pages

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Carolina Crossroads


This afternoon I finished piecing my Carolina Crossroads quilt which is a pattern designed by Bonnie Hunter and is found in her book, Scraps and Shirttails.
The quilt top is made from 100% cotton shirts which I have found at thrift shops, rummage sales, garage sales, etc. It's a great way to make something useful without having to spend a lot of money on fabric.
There are over 2700 pieces in my quilt which measures 77" square. It was a fun quilt to make. Now I will have to wait until I visit my sister in Wisconsin, so I can quilt it on her long-arm machine.

1 comment:

Candace said...

It's gorgeous. I wimped out on mine and only did one of the blocks. It still turned out pretty though and made a nice sized lap quilt. It is my DH's quilt now and he really likes it.