Pages

Monday, April 26, 2010

Carolina Christmas

Last week I took out the blocks that I made after Christmas for the Bonnie Hunter Mystery called Carolina Christmas.  After laying the blocks out on the floor, I realized just how gigantic that quilt was going to be.  I really didn't want another huge quilt, so I rearranged the blocks to make 2 large snuggle-on-the-couch quilts.  I think these twin quilts will be nice to use in our 5th wheel when watching TV on cold nights. 
Now that I have the blocks sewn together, it's time to start working on the borders.  Bonnie designed a patchwork border that I think I'm going to try.  I've never done a pieced border so this will be a new adventure and learning experience for me.  I just hope I can get the border to fit since I changed the large quilt into two smaller ones. 

1 comment:

Amy said...

Ah Poop! I wish I would have seen this post before I pieced together my top last month. I also debated on making it smaller.....oh well!

Looks great and thanks for your "vote" on my Paintbox blocks. RIGHT when I was leaning towards the random layout, up pops another vote for the chromatic :0)