Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Mom's Mariner's Compass Quilt center

I finally finished making 50 Ohio Star blocks for the border around my sister's Mariner's Compass on the quilt that we are making together for our mother. I am very pleased with the outcome.  Sadly, this picture does not show the colors as well as I'd like. Now Mary needs to add a couple of large plain borders to get the finished top to the correct size for a double bed.  Oh, yes, and then she gets to quilt it on her longarm quilting machine.

3 comments:

Elaine Adair said...

Wow! That is one gorgeous quilt!

Where are you in Southern Illinois?

Long ago, I lived there, now I am in Western Nebraska

Linda said...

Elaine, I live in Chester, Illinois which is on the banks of the Mississippi River 65 miles south of St. Louis. Long ago, I lived in Nebraska! I went to college at Concordia in Seward, Nebraska.

Chris said...

Very, very nice !